Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Good News on the Jack Johnson Front?

BretGoBlue on the USCHO board, who also writes for Go Blue Wolverine, talked to Jack Johnson today:
I spoke with Jack today. I don't have the story or interview posted yet, but I asked him point blank if there was anything Carolina could offer him to bring him away from Michigan next year and his answer was "no".

He also added that the rumor he might not attend Michigan was news to him and nothing more then a rumor.
That's what I like to hear. I'm always going to be skeptical, as you never know what close to a million bucks will make someone do (and Komo said he was staying 4 years, Cammi said he was coming back for his senior season, Comrie said he was coming back for the 2000-01 season, etc.), but it's at least some good news.

I'm just a little curious as to why he thinks it's news to him that he might not attend Michigan when he mentioned in an article that he was going to think about it a little and do what his gut told him to do.

I don't think I'm going to feel comfortable until I see #3 on the ice this season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a tough time understanding why people put any stock into what any athlete in Johnson's shoes is going to say right now. I am not sure why anybody with half a brain would think Johnson is going to state his plans at this stage. Especially when Carolina apparently hasn't spoken to him since the draft. But when they do offer him the full contract, I highly doubt he is going to stick around. I still believe he is going to be gone and will never see the ice in a Michigan uniform.