Friday, June 27, 2008

Good Knight

The disappointing side of recruiting has reared its ugly head again. 2010 commitment Jared Knight--long thought to be Michigan-bound despite overtures from the OHL--has decided to sign with the London Knights.

The good news is that he made this decision now and didn't go play for the NTDP for a year or two first. We were still two years away from seeing him set foot on campus, so there is plenty of time to keep on recruiting and fill that spot. He didn't bail on Michigan at the last second.

I'm disappointed, because by all accounts he's a very good player, but there's no ill will here. When you recruit the best players in the country, some of them are going to end up deciding that a different path is right for them. Good luck to Jared in the future. And don't give Moffatt any ideas about going to the CHL.

I apologize for the lack of content lately. Real life has gotten in the way. Here are a few other links I've come across in the past week:

DJ Powers from HockeysFuture reviewed the 2008 Draft from the NCAA perspective. There are a couple of quotes from Robbie Czarnik, including this one about his college choice:

As far as his choice of Michigan went, he said, "I committed when I was 15. I didn't really look at anyone else because that's where I wanted to go my whole life. I just can't wait to get there. I'm going to come in this year, see what happens and do my best.”

Fire and Ice, a New Jersey Devils blog, got some quotes from Brandon Burlon. Here's what he had to say about how long he might be in Ann Arbor:
"It depends on how it goes. If New Jersey says even after one year and I feel I'm ready, then so be it. But, if it's two, three, four years, it's not going to hurt anybody that goes to Michigan."

INCH also dug up some quotes from Burlon and had an amusing anecdote about Robbie Czarnik being drafted.

No comments: